Care and Maintenance
Aluminum Blinds Care
Offering a classic style that works well with any décor, these sleek, sophisticated blinds are resistant to corrosion, easy to maintain, and long lasting. By following some simple cleaning and maintenance tips you will keep dust from accumulating and dirtying the air in your home.
- Dust the aluminum blinds feather duster or other style of duster. Close your blinds and move the duster going in a side-to-side sweeping motion to remove dust.
- Vacuum the blinds. Such method will prevent expelling of dust into the air.
- The quickest and easiest way to clean aluminum blinds is to fill your bathtub with a mixture of mild soap, such as dish soap, and warm water. Let the blinds sit in the water for 15 minutes, then rinse them thoroughly and hang them outside to dry.
Wood blinds Care
Wood blinds are natural and durable window coverings.
To clean such blinds takes a few basic supplies and a little effort.
- Clean wood blinds with a feather duster if they are only slightly dirty, so you do not damage the wood. So you should turn them down without completely closing them, and brushing over them with duster. Then turn the blinds so the underside of the slats are flipped up, and brush across the front edges of the slats’ underside.
- You can vacuum wood blinds using the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Do not use water or soap to clean wood blinds, it could cause them to warp and might ruin them permanently.
Vertical Blinds Care
Vertical blinds are made with the best PVC and fabric materials. Resistant to moisture and corrosion, vertical blinds are easy to maintain, stay clean and are long lasting. Since your vertical blind vanes hang vertically and require cleaning seldom, cleaning is a breeze.
- Vacuum vertical blinds using the upholstery attachment.
- To clean any stains, use a damp cloth and a mild detergent.
- Never immerse your blinds in water or use harsh chemicals.
- Check color fastness first by cleaning an inconspicuous area of the vane.
While there are a large variety of shades material there are few common steps to keep clean each type of them.
- Clean soiled shutters with a mild soap solution only. Do not use cleaning methods involving heat, bleach, abrasives or solvents. Do not use window cleaner or cloth with paper content.
- Ensure proper drying following cleaning by providing adequate ventilation.
- Never use water on wooden shades. Carefully clean wooden blinds using only a soft cloth or duster.
To extend shutters working life needs proper care and maintenance.
- Wash shutters with warm soapy water and a clean sponge or soft cloth. You can take them down and clean them over a sink or bath tub.
- Use isopropyl alcohol or white spirit to remove small marks such as paint splashes, sealants or other residues. It may be safely used with a soft cloth and gentle wiping.
- Let the shutters air-dry.
- If you live in coastal areas wipe down blades with a damp cloth routinely to remove excess salt residue. An accumulation of salt residue on your shutters may gradually breakdown the lacquer or paint.
- Do not swing or put weight on a hinge shutter.
- If you have sliding shutters ensure that the blades are closed before sliding, this will prevent the blades from clashing.
Additionally, you should read the Axalta paint review to learn more about care and maintenance, which includes varnishes, glazes, stains, and lacquers that improve and protect wood and alternative wood substrates. These materials are perfect for a variety of applications, including cabinets, tables, office furniture, exterior siding, doors, and floors.